Arthritis means joint inflammation, but the term is used to describe up to 200 conditions that can affect the joints, the tissues that surround the joint and other connective tissue. It is a rheumatic condition. The most common form of arthritis is osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis, affecting millions of people worldwide. It occurs when the protective cartilage that cushions the ends of your bones wears down over time.
IMAGE SHOWING ARTHRITIS
There is no specific cause of all types of arthritis. The cause or causes may vary according to the form of arthritis.
Some of the possible causes may include:
- Injury, leading to degenerative arthritis
- Abnormal metabolism, leading to gout and pseudogout
- Inheritance, such as in osteoarthritis
- Infections, such as in the arthritis of Lyme disease immune system dysfunction, such as in RA and SLE
The most common signs and symptoms of arthritis involve the joints. Depending on the type of arthritis you have, your signs and symptoms may include:
- Decreased range of motion
PATIENTS MAY ALSO EXPERIENCE THE FOLLOWING
- Pain areas: in the joints, ankle, back, fingers, hands, muscles, neck, or wrist.
- Pain types: can be intermittent or sharp
- Pain circumstances: can occur while sitting
- Joints: stiffness, tenderness, or swelling.
- Muscular: decreased range of motion, difficulty walking, or muscle weakness.
- Hand: bump on the finger or bony outgrowth in fingers or toes.
- Whole-body: fatigue or malaise.
- Also common: flare, neck stiffness, physical deformity, or redness
There are around 200 types of arthritis or musculoskeletal conditions. These are split into seven main groups:
- Inflammatory arthritis
- Degenerative or mechanical arthritis
- Soft tissue musculoskeletal pain
- Back pain
- Connective tissue disease
- Infectious arthritis
- Metabolic arthritis
Treatment for arthritis aims to control pain, minimize joint damage, and improve or maintain function and quality of life. AT ADEBAYO LIVING TOWER HOSPITAL. A range of medications and lifestyle strategies that we give to our patients has been helping to achieve this and protect joints from further damage. The treatment and management we provide includes:
- Non-pharmacologic therapies
- Physical or occupational therapy
- Splints or joints assistive aids
- Patient education and support
- Weight loss
Adebayo Living Tower Hospital Imeke Badagry is one of the best hospitals in badagry Lagos state. We are always at your service for all kinds of medical treatments with qualitative, accessible and affordable prices you will be satisfied. Your quality well being is our passion. Our specialty days and time is seen bellow.